Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Attachment Pareting - My Sister Might Be One of These Moms

Julie Ogawa


Attachment Parenting - Even my Sister

With Attachment Parenting in the News, I saw this mom on the Today Show this morning. To be honest, it creeps me out. When my nephews were growing up, I was always offended when Julie, my custodial-embattled sister contemplating a divorce allowed her young son to sleep in her bed for a very long time. Later, after the divorce, the child slept with her until he was twelve or thirteen. I don't really know what that was all about but it sounds like a form of Attachment Parenting or co-sleeping.

When her other son was say seven, he use to cry when his mother left town. In fact he use to throw a temper tantrum that he wanted his mom. I never really understood that either.

It also appeared to me that Jamie Lynne Grumet, didn't have many boundaries with her child. On the other hand, on the Today Show Television Set, even Nadya Suleman (Octo-Mom) didn't appear to have too many boundaries with her children -- and either did or does my sister.

My own personal opinion is that the Time Magazine Photo is and always will be creepy as well as this concept of Attachment Parenting. Time Magazine could have elected to blur the photo of this child's face and the mom could have not used her child in this manner by going on the Today Show, but that didn't happen.

Here are some links about this story:

Jamie Lynn Grumet's Official Blog  

Dr. Bill Sears Website on Attachment Parenting

If you haven't seen the video clip:




Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Sources:

Time Magazine
The Today Show

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is fabulous post.I am inspired from it.Can you more share at here.I will come back as soon.




Thanks for more info.......





Pure Argan Oil