Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I caught a Cold - Airplane Travel

I've been living in South Florida for 7 years and one thing I can say about the South Beach or SOBE living, I rarely get a cold. I personally think it's the weather since we experience very little climate and temperature change. I have been in Northern California the last several weekends and I forgot how it gets very hot in the afternoons and how cool it gets in the evenings after that Pacific Ocean fog rolls in. During the evenings, I usually found myself in shorts and very, very cold. I think this probably contributed to the cold I picked up rather than the airplane travel.

In any regard, I called my doctor yesterday and he prescribed a Z-pack. I also will be taking Mucinex-D which I think helps clear up my sinuses, helps deter a long-lasting cough and ultimately speeds up recovery. I am also religious about using my Neti Pot for my allegergies and am doing everything to stay off the daily dose of Claritin-D that I did for 10 years.

It's not much fun being sick and my W has made plans to travel again this weekend. I already feel better much better now that I have my meds and a recovery plan!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: